Monday 2 December 2013

Final Music Magazine Front Cover & Comparison to NME

 
 
My music magazine front cover possess quite a few similarities between conventions, with other magazines of the same sub-genre. For example, quite a few conventions on my indie-rock magazine cover, share similar positions or styles to those conventions that are used by the individual magazine NME. Firstly, for example my masthead, its is positioned right at the top of page similar to NME, and it is using bold, capital lettering like NME to make it stand out to the reader, the only real difference is the colour and my masthead is more centred. Secondly, the main coverline on my front cover is situated near the bottom right/middle of the page, similar to NME, and is in a very large font size. However to make mine stand out more from the page, and to contrast the text against the main image, I have placed panels of block colour behind the text to catch the readers eye even more, unlike NME.

Another feature I have used as well as NME magazines front cover is the use of a pug. On my cover I have used a different type of shape, using a contrasting colour to the main colour scheme to help it stand out to the reader and offer a unique selling point to my magazine. This has also been used by NME magazine, offering something different, but using a similar method and using a stand out block colour. Again, another feature I have positioned similarly to NME's magazine is my secondary coverlines. These are all placed along the left hand side of my front cover like NME's and all match the colour scheme, however mine differ from NME as again, i have placed panels of block colour behind the text to make them stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment